Dropship Lifestyle Review (Unbiased) – Anton Kraly 2020 High-Ticket Dropshipping Course
This is a very detailed breakdown of Drop Ship Lifestyle, where every module is covered. According to Anton Kraly, the course creator, DSL is the number one Shopify approved drop shipping course.
Question is: Is it worthy of that title?
Drop Ship Lifestyle Course Overview
Ranked #5 out of 30 dropship courses (See full list here)
33 hours 30 minutes
It's an exciting, unconventional approach to drop shipping that might appeal to newbies
Introduction to Anton
I have to mention that Anton Kraly is featured in Forbes. Not just in passing, but a full article was written about his online successes back in May of 2017.
His drop shipping business made $3,68 million in revenue in three years before he sold it. Since then it seems he has been solely focused on the course, Drop Ship Lifestyle, which brought in $3,5 million in 2016 alone...
That's pretty impressive.
So when it comes to creating 7 figure online businesses, Anton does have the street cred.
On his personal blog, Anton states that he has been making a full time income online for the past eight years while being 100% location independent.
This means he truly lives the laptop lifestyle, where he is not bound by an office and can work from virtually anywhere (as long as you have a wifi signal).
Anton made money online by creating eCommerce stores, running Amazon Affiliate Stores, promoting for Affiliate Networks and by creating Digital Products.
He is probable best known for creating Drop Ship Lifestyle and Ecommerce Lifestyle.
FIRST AND FOREMOST: MY DISCLAIMER:
Please note that this review is my personal opinion of the Drop Ship Lifestyle Course and I am in no way affiliated to DSL or Anton Kraly in any way whatsoever.
This means I don't get ANY money from doing this review. I am merely sharing my views on the course in the interest of sharing information with other entrepreneurs.
What to Expect in this Course
You won’t find an introduction video to the course inside the course itself. In order to get some background on what the DSL drop shipping business model is, you need to go to the course home page and watch Anton’s introduction video.
(It’s under the heading “Why Drop Ship Lifestyle®? What is the Difference Between Traditional Dropshipping and The Drop Ship Lifestyle® System?”)
And that’s exactly how Anton lures you in. He describes Drop Ship Lifestyle as being very different and very unique, as opposed to traditional drop shipping methods.
Ps: I had a good laugh while reading another review about DSL (probably an affiliate). In it, the reviewer states that the days of sipping mai tais on the beach are over and that you actually have to work harder, before he goes on to praise DSL for being so great. Yet, most images of Anton is on the beach. Or at the Dropship Lifestyle Retreat. So Anton definitely wants to sell you the "lounge-on-the-beach-business-model"...
In my opinion (and based on my own drop shipping experience), that's just not going to happen! Yes, you can virtually work from anywhere, BUT, you still have to work at it. And when it comes to drop shipping - you have to work at it a lot. Remember that Anton doesn't make his money from drop shipping anymore... He makes money by selling COURSES...
Just think about that for a second before you read the rest of my review...
On paper it already appears impressive, right? It definitively sounds like an alternative to the "traditional" dropshipping model.
Let's offer you some more bait...uhm, I mean info.
This is how Drop Ship Lifestyle works:
- Based on the criteria set out by DSL, you choose a niche and they verify whether it will be successful (or not).
- DSL teaches you how to source top-tier suppliers in your niche.
- You get access to the Drop Ship Lifestyle® Theme to quickly build a professional store.
- In order to become an "Authorized Retailer for premium brands", you get access to DSL's supplier approval scripts.
- You get the Drop Ship Lifestyle® App to increase conversions and automate your order fulfillments.
- DSL offers you proven traffic systems to get high-quality website visitors from the very start.
- You have instant access to the DSL community of successful dropshippers. Stay motivated! Ask advice! Help others!
- You have access to DSL's live monthly coaching calls, where you get priority support.
Okay. So it all SOUNDS pretty impressive.
Lets dig a little deeper into the course to see if all the fuss and claims are warranted.
The Drop Ship Lifestyle Course Breakdown
This course contains 4 different sections, each with it's own modules and sub-sections. It has a total of 151 videos with a total length of 33 hours and 30 minutes.
The DSL course by Anton Kraly is broken down into only four main sections. I'm used to the courses being split up into modules, so for the sake of continuity, I named the page reviews modules. In the review itself, I will refer to the different course "parts" as Anton did - as Sections. They are:
- Drop Ship Blueprint
- Adwords PPC Course
- Paid Social Traffic Course
Section 01 - Drop Ship Blueprint
Section 1 contains 13 separate modules with a total of 77 videos with a total length of 15 hours and 31 minutes.
Anton blows every other drop shipping course out of the water with this first module where he introduces his version of the drop shipping model.
Unlike other drop shipping courses, Anton does not recommend that you find trending or hot products that you think might sell.
Instead, Anton wants you to find a single niche to focus on and sell "evergreen" products that are not going to go out of style.
In addition, he also wants you to ignore suppliers in China, and rather focus on "local" suppliers that can ship on your behalf.
This is the complete opposite of what other drop shipping courses will teach you.
Anton walks you through all the steps in the following modules:
- Niche and Product Selection,
- Market Research,
- Creating Your Website,
- Finding Suppliers,
- Optimizing for Conversions,
- Getting Traffic and
- Automation of Your Site.
Each of these modules are covered in detail in the link below, but in short, I found the following:
1. Anton's product research is SERIOUSLY lacking... Not just when compared to other courses, but in general. Perhaps he wants you to use his premium Ultimate Package, which is a Done-For-You service, priced at $8 997?
2. The Creating Your Website Module had some sound issues throughout its 3 hours and 57 minutes. I'm sorry, but if you pay $2 997 for a course, then the presenters should know how to speak into a mic...
3. Finding your own "local" suppliers. Yep. Unlike other courses where it's a simple process of finding Chinese suppliers, Anton proposes a much more difficult route...
Section 02 - Adwords PPC
Section 2 contains 3 separate modules with a total of 29 videos with a total length of 5 hours and 26 minutes.
This is a complete course on it's own and is presented by Michael Erickson from Search Scientists.
Search Scientists is a legitimate Google Certified Partner, and they spend more than a million dollars on Google Ads on behalf of their clients each year.
In this section Michael explains how Google Ads work and how to set up a campaign.
He also explains the different types of ads that are at your disposal.
There is some great info here from a certified Google Ads Pro - so you know you're getting great advice.
Section 03 - Paid Social Traffic
Section 3 contains 6 separate modules with a total of 38 videos with a total length of 6 hours and 15 minutes.
This section is also presented by Michael Erickson and deals with e-commerce marketing on social media.
Module 1: SOCIAL PAID TRAFFIC MARKETING FUNDAMENTALS FOR ECOMMERCE
The first module gives you an overview of advertising on social media as a whole. Michael starts with the basics - what is PPC, CPC, Organic Traffic, and where they fit in.
He then explains the difference between paid ads on Google and ads on Social Media.
Michael also discusses the typical social media sales funnel (without showing you examples, which is a REAL let-down), and talks about the marketing musts.
Module 2: FACEBOOK ADS
Michael explains why FB Ads can be very successful and explains what to avoid when setting up and maintaining your campaign.
He also briefly discusses the layout of your FB Account Structures, the different FB Ad Strategies available to you, as well as Ad Formats, FB Audiences and Bidding Types. (All of these are discussed, but you are not shown any examples to broaden your understanding. This is all theory...)
There are useful lessons though and newcomers to drop shipping will find some of the info invaluable. More experienced drop shippers might feel that they wasted some time going through this...
- how to create a campaign mapping spreadsheet (a template would have been nice, but it's not difficult to set up).
- you're shown how to set up your Facebook Business Manager and FB Ads Manager Accounts
- how to install the FB Pixel, a product catalog and a Pixel for Dynamic Product Ads
- you're shown how to set up the Product Catalog Tool and a Product Feed (used to create Dynamic Product Ads.)
Michael then shows you over-the-shoulder examples of how to set up a Dynamic Product Ad and how to set your Audiences up the right way.
He also breaks down dimensions and segments inside the FB Ads Reporting Tool and how to generate a report. He also shows you how to get Ad/Campaign data from Power Editor and the FB Ads Manager.
Module 3: INSTAGRAM
In this very short 5 minute module, Michael shows you how to set your Instagram Ad Campaigns up in Facebook. It's super easy and not rocket science.
Module 4: PINTEREST
In this module, Michael shows you the different types of Pinterest Ads and how to open a Pinterest Business Account.
He also offers advice on what works on Pinterest and then shows you how create Pinterest Ad Campaigns and how to track them. Good advice!
Module 5: TWITTER
Michael starts by explaining the theory behind Twitter Targeting Methods, Ad Types, and Strategy.
This is followed by a Tour of Twitter's Ads Analytics Dashboard, and once inside, you are shown about Conversion Tracking, Follower Campaign Set up, Tailored Audience Building, and Website Conversion Campaign Setup.
Finally, Michael shows you to analyze Results on Twitter.
Module 6: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
This short module serves as a recap for the preceding modules on advertising on Social Media.
Michael reiterates that you need to keep the golden 3 x R's rule in mind for every single ad you run, regardless of the platform:
Target the Right Person, with the Right Offer, at the Right Time.
Michael also gives some valuable advice on when to use retargeting ads and the he reminds you that you have be active during your campaign. Ads campaigns that are set and left can never be successful.
Section 4 - Events
Section 3 contains a total of 7 videos with a total length of 6 hours and 18 minutes.
Basically a bonus section, this collection of videos are presentations that were made by guest speakers at the DSL 2017 retreat. This section will obviously be updated on a yearly basis.
The 2017 speakers spoke about:
- Stalking Prospective Buyers on Facebook,
- Selling your Online Store,
- How to balance Work, Life and Family (and joining groups and VAs),
- Influencer marketing,
- Building a Brand,
- Alternative Traffic Sources, and
- Content Marketing
The content in this section is a bit of a mixed bag.
Some of it is good, most of it has been covered in other modules in the course, and some of it is not great. It's your typical lucky packet of bonus materials...
Overall, it's not really worth sitting through 6 hours of content that doesn't really teach you anything new.
For the full Section 4 review, click here
Before I get down to my review overview of the course, here are some FAQs I've come across regarding the DSL course and Anton Kraly:
FAQ's about Drop Ship Lifestyle
1. What is Dropship Lifestyle?
Many people ask this question because there are so many different sources of information out there:
- There's the Drop Ship Lifestyle dropshipping course,
- The Drop Ship Lifestyle private Facebook Group
- The Drop Ship Lifestyle YouTube channel (which anyone can subscribe to) - it is one of the most active dropshipping course channels available. Anton posts new videos on a regular basis. Anton hit 100 videos in October 2019!
- The Drop Ship Lifestyle FREE Webinar (you can find it here) - this includes an "In Depth Guide on How To Build A Highly Profitable, Semi-Automated Drop Shipping Store in 21 Days." The Webinar is also referred to as the Drop Ship Lifestyle mini course.
- The Drop Ship Lifestyle Blog - a blog with useful posts about dropshipping. You can access it here.
- The Drop Ship Lifestyle Retreat - every year, Anton hosts a "mastermind" seminar in an exotic location where members can meet and network, and guest speakers host talks on dropshipping-related matters.
2. Is Drop Ship Lifestyle legit / a scam?
Drop Ship Lifestyle has been a successful business since 2014, so it is definitely a legitimate business. Anton has many successful students and this is attested by the amount of people attending the DSL Retreat every year.
Whether it is the best possible dropshipping course (or whether dropshipping is still viable?), is open for debate.
3. Does the Drop Ship Lifestyle course offer a refund or money back guarantee?
This question gets asked quite often and understandably so, given the high price of the course. At the moment there are two options available: $2 997 for DSL Premium, or $8 997 for the DSL Ultimate option.
Drop Ship Lifestyle is one of the most expensive dropshipping courses, which is why people want to know about refund options. Go to the Drop Ship Lifestyle course website and you won't find any mention of refunds on the main page.
Unlike Franklin Hatchett's eCom Elites, whose Refund Policy is prominently displayed and quite clear, you actually need to dig deeper and go looking for the Drop Ship Lifestyle refund policy.
You can find info about DSL Refunds here. There is no DSL Refund Policy document as such, but to quote: "IMPORTANT: To be eligible for a refund you must prove you have completed the following action tasks within 30 days: 1) Select a Niche, 2) Find 20 suppliers, and 3) Build a Website. Under no circumstances will refunds be issued outside of 30 days and without completion of the action tasks listed above."